- Corporate Responsibility
- Royalty Owners
|Key Data Summary2,3||2018||2019||2020|
|Operating Revenues millions of U.S. dollars||$3,862||$3,038||$2,308|
|Net Production billion cubic feet equivalent (Bcfe)||946||778||880|
|Number of Gross Producing Wells4||1,149||1,721||2,591|
|Estimated Proved Oil and Gas Reserves4Bcfe||11,921||12,721||11,990|
|Net Undeveloped Acres4 millions of acres||0.45||0.29||0.51|
|Number of Employees4||960||923||900|
|Total Flowback and Produced Water that We Recycled5,6 %||41.05%||78.10%||94.90%|
|Greenhouse Gas Emissions Intensity 7Kg of CO2e/million BTUs of gas produced||0.57||0.52||0.86|
|Methane Leak/Loss Rate7 % (SWN production operations only)||0.056%||0.055%||0.075%|
|Volume of Tier 1 and 2 Unplanned Discharges barrels||694||95||36|
|Charitable Giving millions of U.S. dollars||$1.70||$0.73||$1.13|
|Total Recordable Incident Rate for Employees per 100 employees||0.43||0.33||0.22|
|Total Recordable Incident Rate for Contractors per 100 contractors||0.75||0.67||0.42|
|Total Recordable Incident Rate (SWN Employees plus Contractors) per 100 employees||0.64||0.56||0.36|
- Data provided for the year 2018 includes data from the Fayetteville Shale Division. Data provided for 2019 does not include any data from Fayetteville Shale, because the assets were divested. Data provided for the year 2020 includes data associated with the acquisition of Montage Resources in November 2020. As such, data from each year is not comparable to previous years' data.
- This report includes 2020 data as well as prior years’ data and context around our most material issues; unless otherwise noted, the data cover all of SWN’s assets and operations owned that particular year.
- See the relevant subpages of this Data section for notes to the data and explanations of restatements.
- As of December 31 for the respective year.
- 2018 data includes Fayetteville, which had low activity levels and few recycling opportunities in 2018.
- Volume recycled includes SWN reuse of SWN produced water, SWN reuse of produced water from other operators, and reuse of SWN produced water by other operators.
- Methane intensity or methane leak/loss rate (mass percentage) is calculated by dividing the gigagrams of methane emissions by the oil and gas gross production (cubic feet converted to gigagrams). In accordance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency greenhouse gas reporting requirements, assets that were acquired in 2020 are reported, resulting in an increase from 2019 to 2020.